Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OverCharging not crediting and making changes without approbation

masterdsa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

First ... i am a long time customer ! 

December my ex was able to make changes in my account...take her account off my bill 

No one contacted me !! 

Second.. i had a plan with a phone for 45$ a month with 4go with a phone plan that ended in june 2023 so no more phone to pay but ... still charge me the same ampunt ? 

Then they put a new price ONLY for the line with 6go again without telling me ! 

paying 54$ a month for 6 go with my own phone ?

Called 3 times and no one will fix this ...they always try to upsell with a new plan when i want credit or a new phone that im paying for without having it !!!

They advertise 30$ for 20go when you have you re own phone but they are 20$ per month overcharging my account so i ask for credit and they just dont want ?? 

Just got off the line with a **bleep** from Alberta that is probably from a calling center in India when im calling from Montreal in french and again ...wasting my time and leaves me fristrated at the end 

I cannot credit you sir ?? 

Then offers me another upselling technic with a plan ...again ?? 

Told him clearly that i am going to cancel this account if not crdited but still went on and on not wanting to understand that i am paying 20$ more a month and want a credit 

He tells me i am paying 34 $ a month when its 54$ right now

Told him to read my last bill that its not 34$ and then he tells me Oh its starting on the 18th of september this price 

Ok then you have proof you overcharged me cause this change to lower my monthly payment was made by your office when they realized they were frauding me and that my credit for the pasts month should be done ...you have the proof now i told him 

Completly ignoring me and was threating me to cancel my call because i say **bleep** !!!

This India calling center just did not listen and nothing was done same had the other calls done to a work from home employee

Really time waste and frustration builder 

From

April 2024 nothing was done and continued to charge me that overcharge

Called for the last time today ...im canceling this account ...enough time wasted with Rogers Fido for a **bleep** phone and i really dont appreciate getting scammed with over charges 

No service ,no respect for customers , satisfaction of long term clients 

Dont bother trying ... Elvis is leaving the building and will gladly waste my time with another comapny 

Will also make  a complaint tp CRTC like everyone should if they have unsolved issues with this service provider 

Scamming is a crime 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Masterdsa,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts nor know the details of your situation. However, to add to what was previously mentioned by FidoVan below...

@masterdsa wrote:

... my ex was able to make changes in my account...take her account off my bill ...

If you would like your ex to take over that line, that would be a Transfer of Responsibility (ToR) of the line. You  should note that she would need to open her own account at the time of transfer and that a credit evaluation would likely be needed. In addition, it should be noted that there would be a fee for the transfer (see here). 

@masterdsa wrote:

... i had a plan with a phone for 45$ a month with 4go with a phone plan that ended in june 2023 so no more phone to pay but ... still charge me the same ampunt ?...

Sorry to hear you were not familiar with the type of plan you had when you got your device. As FidoVan noted below, Fido had switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program for a couple of years now (see here). With the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. Since your contract had ended in 2023, you would have been financing the device and do not have a subsidised plan.

For some reason, there seems to be confusion regarding the old subsidised plans and the new Payment Program. It was true that, with a subsidised plan, the monthly plan billing did not automatically get reduced. However, that was how those plan-types worked (see here). It is was not possible to simply remove the subsidy from those plans so switching to a new plan without subsidy was required. It's possible that was one of the reasons for the switch to the Payment Program.

That said, since the device financing costs are now separate from plan costs, you will no longer have a monthly financing charge since your contract has completed. However, your monthly plan costs would remain the same. You should note that if you were receiving device financing credits towards off-setting the cost of the device, those credits would no longer apply once your contract has ended. If you are paying the same amount now as when financing the device, it's possible you were receiving monthly credits equal to the monthly financing charge. Now that there is no more monthly financing charge and no more monthly credit, you are only paying the monthly plan cost which would not have changed.

@masterdsa wrote:

... i want credit or a new phone that im paying for without having it !!!...

With either plan-type, you are not paying for a new phone. The old subsidised plans are not compatible with financing new phones. With the Payment Program, there would no longer be any monthly device charge after the 24 months:

Payment Program.jpg

Also, since the device financing costs are now separate from plan costs, it should be clear on your bill whether or not you are still being charged monthly financing for the device. You should be able to view your via your My Account --> My Bill. From there, you can View or Print/Save a PDF copy of your bill.

@masterdsa wrote:

...They advertise 30$ for 20go when you have you re own phone but they are 20$ per month overcharging my account so i ask for credit and they just dont want ?? .....

You should note that many of the advertised plans are promotional offers which are only available to new activations. Since you are a long-time customer, you would not be able to avail of those new activation promotional offers. The offers available to you would be through your My Account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoVan

Hi there @masterdsa and welcome to the Community.

'' December my ex was able to make changes in my account...take her account off my bill  No one contacted me !! ''

Changes to an account can be done through different means. If your ''EX'' had access to your account back then, it is possible your ''EX'' may have made some changes this way. For any transactions completed, we send you an email confirmation as a heads up. We can always look into what happened exactly by simply reaching us out so we can investigate.

'' Second.. i had a plan with a phone for 45$ a month with 4go with a phone plan that ended in june 2023 so no more phone to pay but ... still charge me the same ampunt ? ''

With our new financing program, your phone's fee and plan's fee are billed separately on your invoice. Once your agreement ends, your phone's fee drops and only your plan remains. During your term, there cannot be any increases on your plan's fee. So if during your term your plan is affected by an increase, the increase will only take effect at the end of your term. Any increases on your plan's fee are indicated in your invoice so it is important to review your invoice each month for any important messages we may leave you to review.

'' Just got off the line with a **bleep** from Alberta that is probably from a calling center in India ''

All our call centers are located in Canada and the good thing about Canada is that it is a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic place. We ask of you to please remain polite towards our employees as we all deserve, you and me, to be treated with respect.

With that said, we understand that your experience wasn't what you expected and we apologize for that. We sure would like to turn this around for you and so, if you still need support with anything or need assistance with sorting some things that remain unclear, we would be more than happy to provide you assistance here in DMs/PMs. If not, we invite you to reach us out over our social medias outlets where we are also available.

Let us know how you would like to proceed, thank you.