cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers agreed upon while changing plans are not provided

Bikram_sidhu
I'm a participant level 2

I was previously on the $65 - 10GB monthly plan.

I needed a phone so decided to call in Fido to discuss any offers available in the beginning of this month. 

Agreed upon a plan. I was offered a $10 discount for first 12 months and 1000 international minutes. I double confirmed with the agent about the offers before agreeing to switch the plans and these offers are listed in my account as well.

However, when the bill finally came yesterday, I saw that none of those offers were present in my account.

Called in and talked to an agent and he confirmed he can see those offers listed and applied the credit. He mentioned that he has to get his supervisor to apply the 1000 international minute offer. However, when I talked to the supervisor, he clearly refused saying that not only the 1000 internation minutes cannot be applied, the $10 per month discount for 12 months is also something that is not compatible with my plan.

All he provided was temporary solutions with a credit which wasn’t something I was hoping for as I want to stay with Fido and have recieved wonderful service in the past years.

However, as I really need the international minutes in the coming months, I was asked to keep paying extra for those, basically paying for service that was offered in the plan agreed.

I never thought I would ever consider other service providers until now (been with Fido for more than 4 years). 

P.S. I even got charged the $35 fee which they initially mentioned will be waived as I was ordering online and not from the Fido store.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Bikram_sidhu

I can understand the importance of having this original deal applied. 

Was the offer supposed to be applied immediately or was there a delay of a few billing cycles? 

Was the initial offer documented in the agreement information? 

Bikram_sidhu

The offer was supposed to be applied as soon as I changed the plan. 

These offers are listed in the notes in my account. This was confirmed by the agent and the supervisor I talked to yesterday on the phone as well. But there wasn't anything they were able to do regarding it. 

Thanks for clarifying @Bikram_sidhu

We're going to take a second look at this with you Smiley

I'm sending you a private message so we can review things. See you there!