cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not the account holder

Kumiko
I'm a participant level 2

I recently activated a new account and have just registered. When I was trying to look at my billing details, I couldn’t view it because I’m not the account holder. I applied with my own email address and I never had a Fido account. I couldn’t even register as the account holder because the confirmation email I received hid some of the numbers of my account number. This makes no sense to me. Please help ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Kumiko & welcome to the Community!

When you created your Fido.ca profile, did you select that you were the account holder or that you were a subscriber?

Kumiko

Hi @FidoMaria,

I selected "Subscriber" because that is the only option I could select using my Fido Mobile Number. My Confirmation of Activation email hid some of the numbers of my account number, so I couldn't select that I was the account holder. I didn't know what my account number was until I received my first bill, which I received AFTER creating my profile.

If I understand correctly, your created your profile using your phone number as your username to log in to My Account, is that right?

Would you be able to try creating a new profile using your email address as your username instead by selecting Register under New to My Account? When you do so you will need to select that you are the account holder and enter your account information to link your account to your profile. 

Let us know how it goes!

Kumiko

Hello,

Yes, I used my Fido mobile number that was given to me and my postal code to register as a subscriber.

I was able to register as the account holder with my account number yesterday, which I retrieved from my bill that I received two days ago. I talked to someone in a Fido store yesterday and he didn't see anything wrong with it. Hopefully this is okay and that I can use the account as the account holder from now on.

That's great! Thanks for the update!