cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification for international roaming

adarshnairm
I'm a participant level 2

very unhappy with FIDO charging me 300 CAD for international roaming for using data without even sending a daily notification.

I am done with FIDO, could you pls let me know how to port to freedom?

3 REPLIES 3

Good morning @adarshnairm , sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience and want to leave Fido. Fido would not want you to have an experience like that and would most likely love for you to stay with them. If you would like to have one of the moderators reach out to you, you can p.m. @FidoSolutions. otherwise,  the porting to another carrier is done on the other carriers end. Call them up, or go on their website to sign up for an account and tell them you want to port your number. They will do the rest. 

adarshnairm

Hello Lucy, 

I did express my concern to someone from the customer care at Fido, all he told me was that what is done is done and we can not help you, I was surprised to see that Fido doesn't really give a rats **bleep** to retaining their clientele especially when something can be negotiated, yes will look into porting, thanks for the info.

FIDO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS.PERIOD!

Hello Adarshnairm,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received some unexpected roaming data charges. However, you should note that most providers wouldn't offer daily notifications of usage. Generally, you would receive a Welcome message notifying that your phone had connected to a foreign network and provide the charges for using your services. After that notification, it would be up to customers to monitor their own usage. Freedom Mobile would operate similarly with regards to their customers roaming. I don't think they offer daily notifications of roaming data usage either.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers