cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer a Fido Customer!!

budd002
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My son had a Fido plan of $65/mo. That bill is now at $600 due to overage data useage. I messaged Fido on Messenger and not in so many words was told Too Bad So Sad! There was nothing they can do to lower the bill, texts were sent notifying my son was at his limit etc...etc. Well that's fine BUT I don't get those messages! So I don't know he has reached his limit. On my phone onve I hit my data limit it is shut off!! (I'm not with Fido) Seeing as I was getting no where with this customer service rep, who basically dismissed me in the chat. I called.... Same rude attitude with the rep on the phone! Do they TRAIN the reps to be smart mouthed, lippy and rude? Un helpful?

Needless to say, I WAS going to sign my other son up for a Fido plan however being spoken to as I was I cancelled my account on the spot and went to Freedom, where they gave me an even better deal than Fido.

Maybe train your reps to be KIND, you wouldn't lose customers then!

1 REPLY 1

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @budd002

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to learn you decided to cancel your service with us.  We send the notifications about the usage to all the phone lines on the account.  If your son's line was the only line on your account, he was the only one receiving them.  However, it is always possible to track usage using fido.ca when you don't have access to the phone.  

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.  Talk to you soon!