cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No deals for long time “Loyal” customers

MChudyk
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a Fido customer since 2005; from my very first cell phone when I was 18 up until now. This relatively new system of unique cusromer set profiles for promotions where the customer service agent has no control over is getting really ridiculous. I have 2 family members (my wife and sister Inlaw) under me as well and I had to pay $38 each to add them 2 years ago and now they offer free line additions. Within the family I have under me they both have been getting better deals than me. My sister Inlaw, who's only had her line for a few years, was offered $40 for 10gb while I pay $55 for 8gb with "exclusive offers" to PAY EVEN MORE. Furthermore my wife already pays $5 less for 8gb but I am told that was a holiday promotion yet she is currently being offered a 25gb plan. I was an advocate for Fido and always told people how great the service WAS but now I need a good reason to stay with Fido. As soon as I find a better deal I'm taking my 3 lines elsewhere unless this problem can be fixed. I'm sure I'm not alone as a long time customer getting the short end of the stick here. 

6 REPLIES 6

FadiM

I am so upset like you are. I've been a Fido customer for +4 years with 3 lines under my account. Yesterday I came to know by chance that Fido is running a new promotion for new customers only ($45 - 40GB of data). I was pi**ed off! What I have from Fido is 15GB for the primary plan and 10GB for the additional lines @$45, $40, $40. This is beyong ridiculous and an insult to anyone who understands a thing or too about customer service and loyalty. I do understand the need to attract new customers but this does not justify not offering older customers the same chance to take advantage of better plans. Shame on Fido for not taking into consideration their existing customers when running such promotions. I won't talk to customer service for a "chance" to fool me with an additional 5GB for the next 16 months but, don't worry our loyal customer, this gets offer will renew after the said period expires) kind of deals...

What a way to lose loyal customers for a chance to bring on board new ones.

Hey @fadimaamarbachi 

We're sad to hear this. We definitely value our current customers just as much as our new customers. Please send us a message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We will be happy to take a look at your account. Rest assured we're here to help! 😀

You can also find alternate ways to contact us here as well: https://www.fido.ca/contact/mobile

We'll be waiting for your message or call!  We hope to speak or chat with you soon. 😀

Fabiolalema
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been with fido for a long time left and had a good offer and came back. I was told i was going to get usa long distance covered and i get a bill from 226 to 401 bucks i eas told cause the charges are legit inwould have to pay at lease half of it lmfao!! that came from the office of the president talked to retention and then an agent im sick of all these companies who try to retain us with BS deals i look at the usa they dont have conflicts with mobile services even to call to mexico and. Canada its unlimited or they pay 5 bucks more add ons with fido are to high. I need to complain to higher grounds and maybe get members of parliament involved so all these scaming companies get exactly what they deserve. And then the black out happended i think rogers and fido should really becareful as they are walking on thin ice im sure people will consider on switch to bell more reliable. For sure im going to seek help to bring down these companies who eat our pockets

Hi @MChudyk , just curious if you are on a term contract with a monthly device payment?  If not, if you get a message with exclusive offers for you,  check out the "see more offers". You will have more choices shown to you which would include similar to what your family members have. I was recently offered something exclusive for me and selected see more and found one more suitable to what I needed. The plan offers are so varied that you can dig a bit deeper and perhaps find one that is more suited to you. I'm sorry that you feel unappreciated, there's more options available with Fido if you look beyond the exclusive offer. BUT, if you are still under contract for a financed device, it will have to be paid out to change your plan. I hope that inspires you to look into the offerings on the website. All the best and stay well, OL

MChudyk

Hi @Original_Lucy and thank you for responding. Yes I am aware of the "see more offers" I have selected from them before. I currently have a device I'm financing for the last few months but this has been going on for years before that because I've bought my phones since 2013 until earlier this year and my wife and sister inlaw keep getting the better deals regardless. I want to stay with Fido but this predetermined system is terrible. 

Esha1984
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I understand your concerns completely...I advise you to call and ask to be connnected with a supervisor right away for your issue, and then have the supervisor connect you with someone from the Office of the President for your concern. You can explain it all several times to the first customer care rep, or/and the second manager, however with my experience these reps cant do anything as big as your issue needs, so just ask them kindly to get The Office of the President to get back to you, and before calling them, lol...this will help..believe me..summarize in a sentence or two your issue..and thats all..as it will make your time and experience so much easier!

If someone gives you a hard time fowarding you to the 1st level, or the 2nd, just be poliite..as they are supposed to make sure they tried 100% to resolve your issue..and in this case..it is definitely above what they can, so just assure them you appreciate the help, but have called enough to know you need a better resolution, that being at the head office, top level, or you will leaving Fido for good...and this should be all you need to find some type of resolution and help. Trust me, Fido loves their loyal customers. I assure you, they will certainly try their best, and I give 99% certainty that you will remain with them...from all my experience with Fido, as a customer,  in a decade plus! 

Good Luck!..and call on a good note..it starts and ends better this way always...this ccertainly does not mean I am saying not to stress your frustration, anger and issues...just saying go in when youre feeling best, and it will work out best, and quickest this way!