cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi, no Data

Kjaereste
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I've noticed whenever the wireless network I'm connected to loses internet access, I have to shut my WiFi ability off in order to be able to use up data. Is this normal? I've never had this issue with any other phones I've had on any other plan, only this one. Is there a way to fix it?

It's not a huge deal, but I find I frequently forget to turn my WiFi back on and unintentionally eat up data when I could have used WiFi and I like to save my data in case I actually need it (like for looking up directions somewhere or a phone number).

2 REPLIES 2

embrowne
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Please advise what type of phone your using.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. No matter the device you're using, the phone should automatically switch to mobile data once you're longer within a WIFI area. If in a WIFI area that you've previously connected to and your WIFI is ON then the phone should connect automatically to it but if you have never connected to that WIFI network then the device will provide you will all the available new WIFI network to which you can access.

If what you're experiencing is as you've describe then issue is relating to the device itself. Give the steps Below a try. One of them can help fix it.

1. Check your WIFI settings to make sure that it's configure properly. Some phones allow u to select WIFI as the Only prefer network to access therefore can be the reason why it doesn't change automatically when not within a WIFI Network.

2. You can do a soft reset by turning off the phone, remove the Battery if possible for at least 30second, then put it back in & turn it back on

3. For Iphones, HOLD the power & the HOME button together and do not release them until the Apple Logo appear on the phone Screen.

4. Check for available software updates & updates your OS version if any are found.

5. Factory reset or a complete restore of the device. backup the device first before proceeding           

Hope this helps!