Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening to voice messages

Stockyone
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Three questions, help greatly appreciated:

1. When I'm listening to voice messages, is there some way to skip quickly to the next message?

2. When people leave me a message during the day but I don't listen to it until evening, does that use up my daytime minutes?

3. Is there a way to check my messages from a phone other than my mobile phone e.g. from a land line?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey guys! 

I know this is pretty old but I would like to provide so updated information in case anyone else has similar questions in the future. Smiley

Paolo has provided great information! He is correct that pressing 3 while listening to a voice message will skip ahead. This function fast forwards through eight seconds of the message, however, if you would like to skip to the end of the entire message you can simply press 3 - 3 during the playback and the system will fast forward to the end of the message. 

He is also correct that if you would like to access your voicemail from another phone, you can call the voicemail retrieval number (+1-647-839-6178 for iPhone users and +1-416-821-6549 for everyone else) and enter your phone number and PIN code. If you do not have this number on you or if you prefer, you can also call the voicemail from another phone by placing a call to your own Fido phone number. When you reach your greeting message, you can press # to be directed to your inbox, enter your PIN code and press #.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. press 3 to skip forward throgh the msg
2. if u listen to messages in the evening and u have unlimited evenings, then it will not use your minutes
3. if ur calling from another phone to check ur msgs, then yes its possible. just call the retreival number, you can find this in your phones menus under voicemail number, or simply call fido to get the correct vm retreival no or go on the web site to find it

Gigabyte
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Do u know how to delete the voice msg during the play back? Tried to press 7 but didn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

at the end of playing a message, its 7, if the message is still playing back its 7-7.