cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service while roaming india

piyushom
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am facing the 'No Service' problem when I  traveled back to India recently'. I followed below steps to resolve but had No luck. 
1. restart the iPhone

2. reinsert the sim on iPhone

3. searched for manual network selection and selected all available network operators (one at a time)

3. use of different phone and manual network selection on this phone as well

4. Flight mode on/off 

one thing I noticed , while manual network operator search, I see with each network operator it's written forbidden.
E.g. Ind-Airtel(Forbidden) 

It's really important to get my sim work in India because all my important transactions need Otp and without network service I am unable to do so. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3

vallarinarain
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

HI , I am also facing the same issue.

Just wondering if you got the solution to this problem.

Please let me know if the 

Hey @vallarinarain

What happens when you try to use your phone? Are you getting an error messsage?

If you are still experiencing issues, make sure to contact us. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Piyushom,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with roaming. What plan do you have? You should note that some plans are not eligible for roaming (ie Basic plans).

I understand you have an iPhone, however, was it purchased from Fido? Apparently Airtel was having issues registering non-Fido phones on their networks (see here). Non-Fido iPhones don't usually have IMEI issues, it's generally an android thing. However, it's possibly an issue on a foreign network.

You might consider contacting customer service to see if there are any roaming blocks on your line. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers