Nexus 5 Stopped working altogether after 1 year use/ New battery added with no luck!

Nexus 5 Stopped working altogether after 1 year use/ New battery added with no luck!

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Help! My Nexus 5 died after 1 year of use. It turned itself off in the night(Not on the charger) and would not turn on again. I tried pressing the 2 volume buttons at the same time as the power button. Charged it for 24 hours, tried different charger, replaced battery - NOTHING! It was not dropped or have water damage.

I am presuming the waranty is expired(!year old already). I took the insurance plan on it but if I understand correctly their mumbojumbo it basically gives me the chance to buy another or simular one for $150.+tax

Thinking of trying a private fix it service...

Thank you!

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Nexus 5 Stopped working altogether after 1 year use/ New battery added with no luck!

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hey AH2, 

Thanks for reaching out!

It's important to bear in mind that even if the phone is no longer covered by the 1-Year After-Sale Warranty, you can still send it out for repair! 😃

A quote would be provided by the manufacturer and you can decide if you wish to go ahead with the repair & assume the costs related.

As for the Device Protection Service, there's indeed a replacement fee for the exchange; the fee would depend on each phone model. 

For the LG Nexus 5, it looks like the replacement fee is of $120+taxes. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Former Moderator

Hey AH2, 

Thanks for reaching out!

It's important to bear in mind that even if the phone is no longer covered by the 1-Year After-Sale Warranty, you can still send it out for repair! 😃

A quote would be provided by the manufacturer and you can decide if you wish to go ahead with the repair & assume the costs related.

As for the Device Protection Service, there's indeed a replacement fee for the exchange; the fee would depend on each phone model. 

For the LG Nexus 5, it looks like the replacement fee is of $120+taxes. 

Let me know if you have any questions.