cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Stopped working altogether after 1 year use/ New battery added with no luck!

AH2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Help! My Nexus 5 died after 1 year of use. It turned itself off in the night(Not on the charger) and would not turn on again. I tried pressing the 2 volume buttons at the same time as the power button. Charged it for 24 hours, tried different charger, replaced battery - NOTHING! It was not dropped or have water damage.

I am presuming the waranty is expired(!year old already). I took the insurance plan on it but if I understand correctly their mumbojumbo it basically gives me the chance to buy another or simular one for $150.+tax

Thinking of trying a private fix it service...

Thank you!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey AH2, 

Thanks for reaching out!

It's important to bear in mind that even if the phone is no longer covered by the 1-Year After-Sale Warranty, you can still send it out for repair! 😃

A quote would be provided by the manufacturer and you can decide if you wish to go ahead with the repair & assume the costs related.

As for the Device Protection Service, there's indeed a replacement fee for the exchange; the fee would depend on each phone model. 

For the LG Nexus 5, it looks like the replacement fee is of $120+taxes. 

Let me know if you have any questions.