cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fido App is there a glitch?

dyankamatsu
I'm a participant level 2

Yes this afternoon I encountered looks like a glitch in the app because I still have 4 gb  of my 6gb and I have to call the Fido  customer service regarding this  be careful with your usage with what happened in your phone make sure you have to monitor your usage otherwise this will happen to you. in few hours I used my my remaining 4 Gb. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @dyankamatsu,

Welcome to the community! 

When you called into customer service, was the amount of data remaining different than on the app?

Have you verified on www.fido.ca what was your amount of data remaining? 

What type of usage do you make? 

I would recommend re-installing the app and keeping an eye on your usage. 

dyankamatsu

actually, I’m browsing in normal mode , since I’ I am always monitoring my usage I always check my app so an hour before I received a notice that I exceeded my usage I saw that I still have 4.06 gb out of my 6 go plan but after that I received a text message that I exceeded my monthly usage And I had to pay extra $50 for exceeding my limit and I also can no longer use my data . That’s why call the technical support.  

What kind of usage do you make when you use your data?

Watching videos can quickly run through your data which can result in data overages.

I would also recommend to make sure your app is always updated to the latest version. If it tends to be acting up, try to uninstall, then reinstall it.