cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ONE CALLED ME back - Ambassador??? Switched to Freedom August 26 Switch

Verticalpathway
I'm a participant level 2
Freedom offered my IPhone XR 18 gigs of data - all the bells and whistles! 

Switched to Freedom on August 26th and received an email the next day that an ambassador will call me. Well, he did once while I was on another line. I told him to call me back in an hour, but he never did. Instead, the individuals called my other three numbers (used by my family) while I am the sole owner of the account. Pretty incompetent!!

I had been a loyal Fido customer for more than five years and called to speak to with the retention department. They couldn't meet me halfway on what Freedom was offering me.

My co-worker philinvancouver switched on the same day. That's five lines Fido lost!

It appears the Fido doesn't care about customer loyalty.

5 REPLIES 5

Verticalpathway

Can you believe how bad Fidos customer retention services truly is?
No follow up by Fido, only a fanboy, replied to my post. 

Hey @Verticalpathway

The goal of the community is to give customers a chance to help one another so if the answer is correct we often don't reply.  If you want to discuss your account, feel free to contact us using any options you'll find here.  Alternatively, we can send you a PM on the community.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Verticalpathway,

I replied to your other post, here, when this one got moved.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Verticalpathway

Switched to Freedom on August 26th and received an email the next day that an ambassador will call me. Well, he did once while I was on another line. I told him to call me back in an hour, but he never did. Instead, the individuals called my other three numbers (used by my family) while I am the sole owner of the account. Pretty incompetent!!

I had been a loyal Fido customer for more than five years and called to speak to with the retention department. They couldn't meet me halfway on what Freedom was offering me.

My co-worker philinvancouver switched on the same day. That's five lines Fido lost!

It appears the Fido doesn't care about customer loyalty.

Hello Verticalpathway,

Welcome to the community!

When comparing the different providers, make sure you compare similar services. Freedom mobile does not offer the same coverage as the other mobile providers. While they have improved in recent years, they still do not have their own national coverage.

Coverage.jpg

~taken from here.

Are you aware that even if you had one of their so-called Unlimited plans, you wouldn't have access to your full amount of data if you were on their 'Away' network? They have since renamed it their 'Nationwide' network, but they still limit the amount of data (and talk & text with some plans) when you're roaming on their partner networks. That's not really all the bells and whistles, is it!

There's a reason their price point differs so much from the other subsidiaries (ie Fido, Virgin mobile, Koodo). Those subsidiaries offer actual nationwide coverage. Perhaps Freedom's service suits your needs. However, you can't expect a company to match the price/plan of a provider offering lesser service.

I'm not trying to sway anyone to or away from Freedom mobile. People often see Big Data and assume it's better. Depending on your needs, that's not necessarily the case. My only intent is that people are fully aware of their potential service limitations.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers