cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My old sim card doesnt start 89302

thewhitek
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I received the new sim card to transfer from Koodo to Fido.

in Fido website, I clicked "update sim card" and then checked my old sim card number.

However, the start number is not 89302 but the box fixes 89302 to start.

How can I figure it out?

Do I need to visit Fido store?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Thewhitek,

Welcome to the community!

The Update SIM Card option is only applicable for switching from a Fido SIM to another Fido SIM card. If you are switching from another provider, you would need to contact customer service to request your phone number be ported-in from the other provider.  In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. If you don't intend on keeping your old phone number, your Fido line should already be associated with a phone number.

If you would like to port your phone number from your previous provider, you would need to ensure the line remains active for the porting process (see here). Once your number has been successfully ported, your line with your previous provider would automatically get cancelled. If your Koodo line has already been cancelled, you might need to contact them to reinstate the line for the porting process.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers