Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to extend a service that keeping my phone number for 1 more year.

I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I applied for a service that keeps only my phone number alive because I was out of the country last year. I have to stay abroad 1 more year. However, my phone plan returned to the original plan. I want to extend it for another year. What should I do?
My phone have been disconnected since last year.


Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Peacemkr,


  Welcome to the community!


  It sounds like you might have had a Temporary Suspension on your services. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, the suspension is only available for a maximum of 12 months (see here). If you have already had your services suspended for 12 months, your line might not be eligible for an additional 12 months. That said, you might consider contacting customer service to see if the eligibility requirements have changed since that post.  In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.


  Another method of keeping your phone number would be to switch to a Basic plan or migrate your services to pre-paid. However, you should note that the Basic plans do not allow for roaming. In addition, there would be a fee for migrating to pre-paid. While both of those options would require monthly payments, it might be less than the current cost of your plan. You should note, though, if you switch your plan, you might not be able to get that same plan when you return.


Hope this helps 😀



Good morning @peacemkr , we're unable to read your post. Would you mind reposting your question? Thanks in advance