I transferred my account to another carrier back in Nov 2020 after asking to see if there was anything they could do to upgrade my iPhone. They didn't give me any options so I changed after being with Fido for years. Within a few weeks I received a call from the Winback team offering me a wireless plan and iphone deal. This is where the problems started.
1) On Monday, Nov 30, 2020 (Black Friday) - I called in and was offered a new iPhone 11 pro ($36.25/month - $200 credit) along with a $35/month plan (4gb + 2gb bonus). I confirmed over the phone with the Winback team. At the same time, they also extended the offer to my spouse who was switching over from Telus and she got the same plan but with the iphone 11pro. They gave her a few days to confirm.
2) By Tues, Dec 1, I had yet to receive an email confirmation which I thought was strange so I called back to the Winback team who said it should be fine and it was being processed.
3) By Thurs, Dec 3, my spouse called back to confirm she did want the phone and was told there was no more iphone 11 pro's available. She ended up having to upgrade to the iphone 12 pro for more cost even when the original rep had said the iphone 11 pro supply was fine. When I chatted with the Fido rep right after, they told me that my deal had yet to be processed. They had run out of the iphone 11 pro but yet no one had bothered to email/call me which meant it was just hanging in limbo until I reached out. I now had to pay a $140 down payment for the iphone 11 pro max instead of the $0 that was promised to me.
4) Since I received my first bill, it has been just problem after problem.
- I have yet to receive my $200 credit for the iphone 11 pro max. I've called and use FB messenger/Twitter about 3 separate times in the last 1.5 weeks trying to figure out where the credit is. I keep getting told that they'll pass the info on to the Winback team and someone will call me back. Twice they've created a ticket and no one has called me.
- I'm also supposed to receive a $10 discount on my plan ($45/month - $10 discount) but they forgot to input this in my plan and now I have to wait a few cycles before it shows up. If i didn't call in to ask about it, I would have been overcharged. My spouse meanwhile, she does receive the $10 credit, but my plan does not because apparently, they forgot.
This is no way to run a business, let alone the customer service that should be expected from Fido. I've wasted so much time on the phone, or on FB messenger/Twitter, trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my billing and credits. Every time I've tried to call in to escalate the matter to someone who can solve this, nothing gets done.
I'm at my wits' end with Fido customer service as it is apparent they don't care about customers as I've had to jump through so many hoops. I would like a response back from the customer problem resolution or someone with the power to fix these issues and compensate me for the time I have wasted.
I'm sorry to learn that you haven't had a positive experience with us. I can assure you that it's not the kind of experience that we want to provide!
In order to follow up and understand the situation completely, we would need to access your account. We understand that you already tried to reach out a few times, but for any account related inquiries in the future, you can reach out to customer service through these channels so we can look into it with you.
We can send you a PM from the Community if you prefer. Let us know.