Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving, need new BC number, want to call forward old number

meeracle
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

I'm moving from Montreal to Vancouver.  I need a new local number in BC for my buzzer etc.  However, I will be getting important phone calls for the next month or so on my old Montreal number.  I want to call forward my old number to my new number for a month.  Does Fido offer this serrvice?

If not, I know that VOIP.ms, a voip provider, is able to port my 514 Montreal number to their service, and then forward it to my new number.  However, I don't want Fido to interpret this as me cancelling my contract service etc.  If I did this, I don't know when to initiate it.  They probably won't let me port "my" old number if I have already given it up I assume?

Thanks for the help  

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

What you need to do is activate a new line on your Fido account and associate a Vancouver number to it. You can then port your Montreal line to VOIP.ms. Note that your services associated to the Montreal line will be lost, and if there is a Tab on that line, it will be canceled. Once the port is complete you can proceed with the call forwarding.

Hope that answers your question Smiley

Jgabura

No idea what that means of if it Evan applies. Far to technical an answer for me. Jeff

Hey Jgabura!

Need some help?