cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing activation fees credits on first invoice

dessiharmony
I'm a participant level 2

Signed up as new FIDO customers (4 lines) last week. Just got 1st FIDO bill and unpleasant surprise. We were assured (numerous times) by the FIDO kiosk guy who did the sign up that activation fees for each of the 4 lines will be waved. Well it is NOT waved as per our first bill. Activation fee of $45 for each line is shown, but activation credit of $45/line is missing!

Not a great way to start new multiyear loyal relatioship FIDO!

Hope someone is able to resolve ths problem quickly as we are considering cancling our new service bacause of this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @dessiharmony you can reach out to customer support and they can verify and let you know.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @dessiharmony,

Welcome to the Fido community!

Usually, the only way the activation fee is waived is when you do it online through Fido.ca.

Sometimes stores would have a promotion where they would waive the activation fee when this happens you will see the credit on your second or third invoice.

dessiharmony

Thanaks Nalini,

How do I confirm if credit is upcoming on second or third invoice? 

Will customer service be able to confirm this if I call them? FIDO guy in the kiosk assured us several times when I asked me the activation fees for all4 of us is waved but I have no documented proof of that and would like to see it in wroting somewhere.

It is fairly large amount ($180 combined for 4 lines) and if credit is upcoming on 2nd or 3rd invoice this is one thing, but if credit is not coming at all I want to use the option to cancle my service without penaly in the first 15 days. Not to find out I am screwed 3 months later whan it'll be too late to do anything.