cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Technical Issues with Phone and Useless Customer Service

ktsmith1
I'm a participant level 2

My phone is from FIDO and it doesn't work. Some calls go through, some go straight to voicemail for no reason. Half my text messages go through, half pop back with a "could not be sent" message. Then when I tap the button to resend, it sends duplicates and triplicates. I called a customer service person and they reset the network - this did nothing. I called back and spoke to a member of the technical team, who told me it was definitley a network issue (not a phone issue) and they would fix the network and give me a confirmation text in 3 days when it was resolved. No text was ever sent and it was never fixed. I called back a third time, and the customer service agent told me there was nothing he could do about it. When I suggested I don't pay the full price that month since it had been a month of my phone not working, he told me I was obligated to pay the full amount. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, he said he doesn't have a supervisor. My contract is up - is my solution just to switch to Telus?

3 REPLIES 3

Jewlee121
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I had this issue 2 phones ago, I called it the wormhole!  My MMS would go missing in a group chat, even though I could see everyone else's.  I chatted with Fido a couple of times about the messaging, they didn't really have a good answer.  So I tinkered.  I had a collection of unused sim cards from upgrades at the time, so I changed the sim.  Minimal improvement.  I also set my network mode for GSM/HSPA instead of LTE- THAT seemed to help alot.  The LTE is spotty where I am at best.  Maybe give that a shot?  See if it improves at all?  OH as a side note:  what kind of phone are you using? My problem phone was a huawei.  I got rid of that thing as soon as I could, I'm in a Samsung now and it only hiccups with messaging every so often.

ktsmith1

Thanks for this information. I have tried other sim cards in my phone and it works fine. As well, FIDO technical support had me do some tests on my phone and confirmed my phone was fine, and told me it was the network. I've called FIDO 6 times now and they don't care. I guess I'm fortunate that my contract is up because I'm just going to switch to a different provider this week-end.

Hello @ktsmith1,

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go.

What troubleshooting has been done? Have you tried with another device or with a different SIM card? 

Let us know!