cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty and retention

OGcustomer
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a loyal Fido customer for around 2 decades. Probably paid Fido well over $20000 for phones and services. 

Im finding it frustrating to find a phone that is affordable for me. 

One would think after 20 years with the same company, they might offer a decent kick back every now and then. Like maybe a free phone. I'm wouldn't even expect a brand new model. Just something better than I have with more memory. It would be great to be treated like a loyal customer rather than just a regular one. 20 years is a long time and a new phone without having to change my plan which will cost me more each month would be very appreciated!!  I'm curious what someone can do for me to make staying with Fido really worth all the money I've dished out over the years. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoKenny

Hello @OGcustomer and welcome to the Community

We do appreciate you being with us for so long. On our end, we have a team that works continuously on new pland and promotions to answer your needs.

I want to invite you to keep an eye on our promotion page here.

If you have any questions about our current offers, don’t hesitate to contact us whenever you get a chance. You can find all the ways to reach us on our contact page here.

OGcustomer

Pointing to plans and promotions that anyone has access to is not a loyalty perk or retention strategy. 

Often the best options are offered to new clients.  

I guess what I'm hearing from this reply is that I've been around so long anyway, what's the point in giving me any type of real perk for being so loyal.

It's unfortunate that the customer service of today's day and age doesn't focus at all on retention. 

In order for me to keep my plan which I really like and get a newer phone, would mean I need to dish out hundreds of dollars to get a decent phone or change my plan to get a discounted older phone and pay even more in the long run.  Just seems like a win win for Fido and not for the long standing (20 yrs) client.