cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get my partner onto a similar plan on mine, as her provider isn't treating her well

mattplex
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I have been with Fido for many years and my partner has been with different provider for many years.

I recently had to upgrade my phone and asked for a similar plan that I had with Fido for many years, which they came through with magnificently.

Now my partner needs to upgrade her phone and keep a plan that is similar to mine with another provider, but they are asking for at least $25+ increase.

Would Fido be able to do something that would give her a similar plan to mine + new iPhone when it releases? Perhaps share a plan with me?

Would appreciate a response. Thank you! 😃

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mattplex

Thanks for reaching out Very_Happy

The plans that are available for new activations are the ones listed on fido.ca

If the plan you have is not listed there, it won't be possible for your partner to get it. We do offer a 10 % discount on the second line on the account though which is pretty awesome, what do you think ?

mattplex

Hey @FidoRanya, thanks for replying!

I have a few other questions then.

Do the +1GB data promo plans apply a discount to getting a iPhone 7?

And using a second line to the account, how would that work?

Thanks!

@mattplex wrote:

Hey @FidoRanya, thanks for replying!

I have a few other questions then.

Do the +1GB data promo plans apply a discount to getting a iPhone 7?

And using a second line to the account, how would that work?

Thanks!

Hello Mattplex,

This screen capture shows the current prices for the iPhones

iPhones.jpg

Taken from here. Subject to change.

Those prices are for a 2-yr agreement on a Plus-35 plan. Currently, there are Plus-35 plans which include the additional 1Gb bonus (see here). **edit** Also subject to change**

If you add a line to your account, you would receive the 10% discount on that line. You should note that the second line would have a separate plan to yours as Fido does not currently offer any shared plans.

Additionally, since your partner was with a different provider service, you might also avail of the $25 refer a friend offer (see promos).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

mattplex

Can you explain how a second line would work?

@mattplex wrote:

Can you explain how a second line would work?

Hello again,

A second line would be an additional phone number with its own plan, linked to your account. Since it is on your account, you would be financially responsible for the line.

What additional information would you like?

Cheers