Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Call charges and Add ons

Jamil8051
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello!
So it seems like a great company like Fido does not have the ability to send a notification warning about the expiry of an add-on service! I used to enjoy 1000 minutes of International LD since I open my account with Fido back in 2018 August. Now suddenly without any warning or notification, Fido took away my add-ons and charged me a huge bill of 643.7 CAD!!!. In my contract, it is mentioned that the Monthly service fee will expire on August 26, 2020. This is a 5 CAD credit towards my account for the add-on. However, I was never mentioned that the whole ad-on service which is just 5CAD for 1000 international minutes will be taken away!!!!

So today in the morning I saw the huge bill for just using 552 mins!!! whereas I had 5CAD credit for 1000 mins!!!

Fido did not send me any notifications, emails, or even texts!!! that they will revoke my add-ons!!!. This is HOW FIDO PAYS BACK TO A LOYAL CUSTOMER LIKE ME WHO HAS BEEN A CLIENT FOR TWO AND NEVER SKIPPED A MONTHLY BILL. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING THAT TELEPHONE COMPANIES LIKE FIDO ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS PANDEMIC AND REVOKING THE ADD-ONS!!
I called the customer service center and had to wait over the phone for more than 1 and a half hours to get some solutions that I was not satisfied at all. The agent, at last, gave me a reference number: I-155-7149-141

stating that I can claim the conversation later time. I wanted to talk with the supervisor and after 25 minutes of fruitless waiting, I get such a response that within 48 hours I shall get a call! They wasted two hours of my time! This how customer service is now in FIDO. Taking full advantage of the pandemic and wasting people's valuable time and money. I am so frustrated at this kind of service from FIDO.

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jamil8051,

I'm really sorry to read about your bill, surprise charges are never pleasant. 

I would just like to clarify that if the free promotion expired, you should still be getting the Premium Long Distance Rate for US and International Calls option at the price of $5 for 1000 minutes and would be billed only for overages. It's also important to note that any important information concerning your services can be found on your original agreement and any communication related to your service will be sent to you through your invoice, therefore it's always important to check out your bills. We don't send any communication concerning changes to your service by email, SMS or other means. 

With this being said, since this seems to be an error, rest assured we'll investigate what exactly happened and take action according to the findings.

If no one got back to you yet and still need assistance with this, you can contact us through these channels or we can send you a PM here on the community.