cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline in China cannot be connected!

oliviama1
I'm a contributor level 1

I transferred my mobile service to Fido this year. But, unfortunately, tonight at about 22:30, when I wanted to call my colleagues in China, I received the voice "the number you have called is not assigned, please check the number and try the call again....". But the number is what I have dialled many times and dialled out directly from my call history. 

1. This issue only occurs when dialling China landline numbers; there is no problem when calling China mobile phone and the numbers in Canada;

2. There was one out of almost 20 calls I tried that could be connected successfully. That means not all the calls would be blocked.

When I searched online, I found @tigermeet posting his problem in this forum in June 2019, totally the same situation as I experienced tonight. I hope that Fido will attach great importance to this problem and solve it as soon as possible. Due to the time zone, it is usually late at night when I make phone calls with China. Fido's customer service staff were off work at that time, so I could not contact Fido and solve the problem in time.

I hope I can get a response from Fido as early as possible.

4 REPLIES 4

Good morning @oliviama1 , so sorry to hear that you are having issues calling to China. I would suggest you contact Fido via one of These methods. I personally would try the social media contact on Twitter or Facebook. search for fidosolutions and ask for a dm. Otherwise a live chat or a direct call to *611

I hope one of these contact methods works for you. cheers

oliviama1

Thank Lucy for your response. However, if I had been able to reach FIDO's human customer service, I would have been less frustrated and helpless at that time. FIDO's customer service staff was off work at 11 PM, but virtual JACK didn't understand my question at all.

I kept trying many times yesterday, but it didn't work. I also contact FIDO customer service in the daytime, but the representative told me the only thing she could do was to issue a ticket to the technical department, but I would not be notified  whether this issue could be solved (that's ridiculous!) 

Thank God this problem was solved at noon today. I would still like to know what caused the failure to connect to landlines in China and whether such a problem will pop up again in the future. I need to have call meetings with my colleagues in China at late night. If such a problem happens irregularly, it will be very troublesome.

We're glad to hear the issue was resolved. 

Do you have any idea how it was resolved? Dod you do anything anything differently? Did your colleagues in China confirm they were experiencing issues? 

oliviama1

I didn't know how it was solved because FIDO didn't give me any response regarding this issue. My colleagues in China didn't experience such problems. Besides, my colleague in Vancouver who used Telus service also didn't experience this issue. He attended the call meeting at that time when I encountered that problem, while he could connect the landline in China very well.