cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOYALTY IS A TWO-WAY RELATIONSHIP

Ehamilton2012
I'm a participant level 3

ONCE UPON A TIME, back in January 2013, I fell in love with FIDO. It was akin to marriage. Who knew this service and device would lead me to an exciting, many memorable adventures and a dire "must-not-leave-at-home" tool in connecting with the world? This baby saved me from some eery empty streets at night and sudden outburst of rain. Let's not forget the times my friends and I got separated from a mass of hungry Keanu Reeves fans. By the way, I managed to pull the distinguished gentleman aside for some pictures on my phone and a brief autograph - a birthday present for my BFF.

SADLY and DISAPPOINTEDLY, I am grieved to say, I plan on divorcing FIDO. FIDO, you have failed me! Loyal to a T that I was; efficient to my payments in full and on time, if not, I call for payment arrangements, YOU have failed ME. Not once I failed you. This is my last attempt to reconcile. If no word from you, I'm gone forever. Moving on. I don't care if I have to pay the cancellation fee. I am fighting for the principle of it.

BELL provided me a "loyalty" discount of $45 for 24 months from my internet service of $109. I was loyal to them for many years as well. Paid in full and on time. Guess what? BELL was loyal back! Courteous and compassionate to my needs (employment layoff and now, applied for CPP Disability benefits), they said, "Thank You for being a long-time customer of Bell!" BELL is a friend of low-income earners. They provide flexibility, reliability and dependability and sensitive to customer needs.

FIDO, customer rep Madison, did not provide me any courtesy today. No flexibility. She was by the book. No success with her, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She asked me why. She put me on hold. She returns and claimed that there was backup of work and supervisor busy. Does anyone believe this excuse???!!! I have 2 phones with FIDO. One for my son (Bring-your-own-phone $60). One for me. I called to renegotiate mine. Prior to Monday March 6th, I had Smart55 Talk & Text $55 (expires Apr2018). Tuesday March 7th, I had Plus15 plan for $45. Today, I pleaded again. I realized I needed the "talk" more than "100min" which will not cut it since there are many calls to/from specialized doctors, hospitals and government agencies, to name a few. I do not require DATA. I stay at home. I am wifi connected. I am cordially requesting a LOYALTY/COURTESY offer. Is this really too much to ask???

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoFaiza

Hi @Ehamilton2012,

Welcome to Community!

We'd hate to see you go after all these years and all those fun times! I will go ahead and send you a PM to look into your plan options. For future reference, it's also possible to do so here

Talk soon!

Ehamilton2012

Thank you for your speed.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with my way around this site. I ran into this community forum by accident when I was searching for complaints similar to mine to see if they had solutions.

Where should I be looking for your "PM" message?

Hey @Ehamilton2012,

To view the PM, first log in to your account, click on Community Forums, then click on your profile in the right upper corner of the page and then click on the little envelope Smiley

Ehamilton2012

I found the envelope icon but no private message from Faiza.

I'm the one that sent it, @Ehamilton2012 Smiley

Did you receive it?

Ehamilton2012
No private messages there. What now?

@Ehamilton2012 I just resent it. Did you get it this time?