cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this serious?

emjayq
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Don't log into your account if you have one.

On the main page (fido.ca), click on Shop, then Plans. Click on "Bring Your Own Phone" just to make sure we are all in the same place.

Under Mobile Plans >every plan< except the SMALL one, including the most expensive (XXL, $115 a month!!) says it has "Unlimited Canada min" but when you go under details, it says

UNLIMITED evenings and weekends from 5 pm, on the 500 Canada-wide minute plan.

So you are limited to 500 minutes a month if the call is not in the evenings or on the weekends?

What does "unlimited" mean? (It means NO LIMITS!!)

I can't think back how many years back this kind of plan was common.

Reminds me when I started on the internet around 1991, if you went over certain limits at the BBS where I used to log in, you would have been charged by additional KILObytes...

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Emjayq

The Unlimited evenings and weekends is applicable for the plans which only include a limited number if minutes (ie 500 Canada-wide minutes). If you had one of those plans, you would have the 500 anytime Canada-wide minutes in addition to unlimited evenings and weekends.

On the other hand, if you have a plan with Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, the evening and weekend minutes are already included. They simply neglected to remove that statement from the details section on some of the plans which have Unlimited Canada-wide minutes.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers