cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bonus Data Permanent?

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello Fido forum, I am considering switching my monthly plan to the current promotion $45 for 4GB (1+bonus 3). Is the bonus 3GB of data permanent as long as I keep the plan or does it expire? I have read the terms and conditions on the Fido.ca Plans section but find no mention of how the bonus data works. Kindly confirm whether this bonus is permanent or not? In addition, I am currently month-to-month with no active agreement. If I upgrade my device in the future with the Fido Payment Plan and opt to keep the $45 4GB plan, will my bonus data remain or will I be forced to pick an in-market plan at that time? This promotional plan is publically available so I will attach screenshot for further clarification. Thank you for your responses.

Fido 45-4GB Plan.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Thank you @FidoSaira for your response. I have one follow up question: What is the difference between picking the $45 4GB plan under BYOD tab versus the Data, Talk & Text tab? Are you saying if I chose the BOYD $45 4GB plan option, I would not be able to keep this plan under the Fido Payment Plan during a hardware upgrade? Moreover, if I change my plan to the Data, Talk & Text $45 4GB, would I be entering into a 2 year agreement automatically with no device? Thank you in advance for your clarifications Smiley

Anytime! 😊

Both plans offer the same features, but if you want to upgrade with a device you will need to choose the Fido Payment Program option. Our systems are set up this way.

That said, you can choose the financing plan without taking a phone. You will not be entering any agreement if you do not upgrade. 

FidoSaira

Hey @nick67,

The bonus will remain on your account for as long as you keep the price plan.

We offer this plan both as a BYOP option and a Fido Payment Program (FPP) plan. You would need to select the FPP option in order to be able to upgrade to a device in the future. You'd be able to keep the plan as is and proceed with the upgrade without losing data.

AdamoDM
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi @FidoSaira ,

I'm currently on the $51/month 10GB BYOP Plan and receievd an exclusive offer to upgrade my phone. I received a "permanent" 5gb/month bonus a few months ago which make my total monthly data at 15gb. When i choose to upgrade my phone and keep the same plan in my exclusive offer, it shows that my plan is 10gb/month. 

I'm wondering if i will loose the 5gb of bonus data if i upgrade my phone with the Fido Payment Plan.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Adamo 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello @AdamoDM, I was in the same situation a couple months ago. My monthly plan included 15gb + an additional 5gb bonus which popped up one day when I logged into Fido.ca My Account. You are correct that when you upgrade to a new handset online, it only states your included data (in my case the original 15gb). However, I can confirm if you checkout and use the "Keep My Plan" option, your bonus 5gb will remain. I upgraded to new iPhone on the Fido Payment Plan and did not lose my +5gb bonus data.