cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet without coax?

ejspence
I'm a participant level 2

I'm trying to figure out if Fido Internet would work for my situation.  I was told that Fido's internet was fixed wireless, but reading this forum, and the installation instructions, I'm not so sure.  I live out in the country, and there is no cable TV service out here.  As such, my home does not have cable lines running through it.  However, the instructions to set up the Fido modem say to hook the modem to a coax line in the house.  So my question is: is Fido's internet a fixed wireless service, or is it based on a cable TV connection?

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ejspence,

Fido internet is provided through the cable line, if you are in an area that does not have Rogers cable then you will not be able to get the Fido internet.

Since you have no cable line to your house you will not be able to get internet from any provider that supplies internet through a cable connection.

If you have a land line then you can look for a provider that supplies internet through the phone line.

If you don't have a land line then your only other option is finding a provider that supplies internet through satellite/dish.

ejspence

Thanks for your response.  A quick comment; this is not strictly correct:

If you don't have a land line then your only other option is finding a provider that supplies internet through satellite/dish.

Fixed wireless is also an option for those that do not have a wired house.  This is what we have now.