Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling way of charging

Kmoftah
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there,

In terms of international calling, is it normal that they charge you from the second the other phone is ringing, yet the call isn't connected yet ?

Like if i called someone and they didn't pick up, you get charged too ?

*** Edited to add tags and labels *** 

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kmoftah The call starts as soon and you place the call that includes ring time but if the other party did not answer or the call did not connect you should be be charged but if the call goes to voicemail you will be billed accordingly.

Edit: After reading the Fido terms and conditions here.

Section 3. Account, Charges and Billing Information paragraph g. How is mobile local and long distance airtime charged?

Local and long distance airtime charges are rounded up to the next full minute. A one-minute minimum charge applies to every completed call (made or received). The airtime for the entire call is charged based on the applicable rate at the beginning of the call. Airtime charges (plus long distance, if applicable) apply to completed or answered calls from the moment you press SEND until you press END and includes the ring time. For international calls or while roaming, you may be charged regardless of whether the call is completed.