cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming

gkrahulec
I'm a participant level 1

I recently popped across the border to Buffalo this past weekend. Before going, I called FIDO, selected the Roaming Option.  An automated message said that my "International Roaming was ON".  I thought I was good to go. Upon getting to Buffalo, I had no coverage.  Luckily my cousin also had FIDO and his was working.  We called FIDO Roaming again, the automated voice said that my Intl Roaming was ON.  We could not get a customer service rep on the line.  It turns out that I lost contact with my group for an hour at the Buffalo Bills game in a very large crowd.  Had my phone been working, it would have take a few minutes to get back together.  I finally found WIFI access to resestablish contact.  Everything ended up ok except for the final score.  When talking to FIDO the next day, they informed me that I had a BLOCK on my International Roaming from December.  I remembered calling FIDO to ask how to BLOCK roaming for a 10 day trip I had to the USA.  Therefore, the BLOCK was never removed.  However, the automated system still informed me that my INTERNATIONAL ROAMING WAS ON !   Simple mistake, but had I crashed my car into the ditch, I would have been out of luck even to call 911 for assistance. I have asked FIDO to rectify the problem by providing another option or to notify users of the actual status of their International Roaming.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @gkrahulec,

Welcome to the community!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your past experience. This doesn't sound pleasant and could've been avoided.

If an international block was added to your account, you still technically have Fido ROAM active on your account as part of your plan, therefore the auomtated system would still inform you that you have Fido ROAM active.

Feel free to reach out if you need help. 

gkrahulec

That is of no technical help with the operation of my phone while roaming

I know it is in my plan. The voice status given, should inform me that there is a block on. Please, I have worked with TELUS, BELL, BRITISH TELECOM. I know how to set up the switches. Make the change to provide the TECHNICAL STATUS OF MY PHONE. That is what I am asking for

We appreciate your feedback regarding this.

We can relay this to the appropriate teams as this isn't a change we can simply make immediately.