cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Group Messages

bernadettaalma
I'm a participant level 2

I have an IMessage group chat with people from the U.S. with a few Samsung users. I am able to receive messages from them, however, every time I send a message to the group chat, I get another text message from myself saying that my messages were removed for 3 phone numbers including an iPhone number from the U.S. My text messages are also sent to another group chat and not everyone receives my text messages. My friend from Canada with another carrier doesn't have this issue and I was wondering if anyone is facing this issue as well and know how to fix it

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bernadettaalma,

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to send messages to those people individually? That is, not as a group message? Since some of your intended receipients are not iPhone users, have you verified that your phone has MMS messaging and Group MMS messaging enabled? Group chat messages are usually sent as MMS to non-iPhone users. Additionally, have you verified that your data is enabled? While the data within MMS does not count against any data allotments, the data setting does need to be enabled in order to send/receive MMS.

With regards to that US iPhone user, have you verified the information in your contacts has them as having an iPhone? Or is it possible they no longer have an iPhone? If you are sending iMessage group chats, those messages go through Apple's servers and not through Fido (except just as data). I can't think of a reason Apple wouldn't relay group chat iMessages to a US phone number.

**edit** Also, do you have a plan which allows for text messaging? I don't think Fido's Tablet plan allows for text messaging anymore.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

bernadettaalma

Hello! Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I can send messages individually (even to those who is removed from my messages when I sent it to the group chat). i have MMS, Group MMS, and data enabled on my phone. There is an option for facetime except for 2 users because they have Samsung. 

I checked my Fido plan and it says that I am able to send unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to U.S. & International numbers, so I'm not sure why I cant send them now. 

Thank you so much

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Those messages you were able to send individually to those people, were they SMS or MMS? Individual messages may be SMS or MMS depending on whether the messages contain additional information (ie subject lines, pictures, etc). On the other hand, group messaging is usually sent as MMS to non-iPhone users. It's still possible the issue is MMS related. Have you verified that your phone has the correct settings for sending MMS? You can verify those settings here. Since you have an iPhone, I'm not sure if you are able to access the APN settings. It seems to vary depending on iOS version, perhaps? You can try to access those settings following the instructions here. If you aren't able to access those settings, you might consider resetting the APN settings. If there is no option to do so, you may need to contact customer service to have them push the network settings to the device. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers