cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Call From USA

xshabx
I'm a participant level 2

I don't understand this. I got Charged as an outgoing call, but the i went to the amazon website to get them to call me with my phone number and i still get charged. I was technically getting an incoming call as they are the ones calling me. So why am i getting A Long Distance Charge on something like that?

3 REPLIES 3

xshabx

Nope, I went on amazon canada website to get customer service and they called from a phone number based in Seattle Washington. Also they call through the internet like skype or a VOIP like Google Voice. So I don't know how incoming calls from those destinations would charge me.

yvette8877
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been charged as well fore Amazon Canada I have always used that number and I'm being charged for Amazon calling me as well 118.00 on my last bill!! Fido will not help

FidoSaira

Hey @xshabx,

I am sorry to learn that you have received a higher bill than usual. I definitely understand that is never a fun situation to be in.

The calls that we bill are  always validated through the the Fido sim card and indicated if they are incoming or outgoing on the bill as well. If you see the number that was called, that would be an outgoing call and will have charges. Is it possible that you first called them and then they reached back?

If that isn't the case, you can reach out to us through these channels and we'd be happy to double-check everything with you. 

Amazon offers contact number for Canada as well, I would recommend calling that number going forward. 😊