cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing eSIM on an iPhone 12 Pro

Panchoy
I'm a contributor level 1

I am trying to install an eSIM card on my iPhone 12 Pro for the first time. However, I keep on receiving the following message. “Unable to Complete Cellular Plan Change - Your cellular plan could not be set up. Try Again Later.”

I have gone to a store and called support, but no luck. My next step is to talk to technical support, but I know that could be a long wait.

7 REPLIES 7

bumblebee2
I'm a participant level 3

I was trying to do the same on my iPhone 12 but with no luck. I called Fido this morning. Talked to different persons including someone from the technical support. They weren't able to help, actually they were quite rude. Just wondering if you were able to install the e-sim eventually.

Panchoy

Nope... I gave up on the solution. I was never able to talk to someone in technical support. That wait was always too long... 

bumblebee2

Due to the widespread outage that happened earlier, I thought it was a good idea to install a global data plan from those affordable e-sim suppliers onto the phone as a back up. Last week I was able to install one onto my iPhone XS, which I also bought from Fido. Last night I bought a second plan from the same supplier and tried to install it onto the iPhone 12 (bought from Fido but still under the 24-month phone contract). Fido CS knows nothing or very little about the e-sim technology. Got transferred to tech support. Still not getting anywhere. Now I have a 365-day data plan that I can't even activate because the phone (or Fido)  wouldn't let me do it.

Panchoy

That is unfortunate. If the e-sim card could work, it would be such a good option.

bumblebee2

My next step is to buy a physical e-sim card from a German-based company and install that global plan onto it. By doing so, I can turn my older version (e-sim unsupported) Samsung phone into a multi-sim phone.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Panchoy,

You can try following the steps here, if it still will not work then I guess you will have to speak with tech support so they can see what is preventing it from activating.

Panchoy

Thank you! I will give it a read.