cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMS registration status not registered

LVC100
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I just recently upgrade my device to an unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 (non-fido device) a few days ago from an Iphone 5S using my nano sim card. Everything is working fine but I realized that the IMS registration status is not registered and I think that's why VoLTE, Wi-Fi calling, and Video LTE Calls on my new device is not coming up among the features within my phone to turn those on. Could you help me with this?. I got all the updates on my new phone once I click the software updates so it is current. I called to csr over the phone to make sure my new device imei shows on your side but wonder if my non-fido device's imei is registered into fido databases.

On my old Iphone 5S, I recall having the wifi calling option to turn it on when I was going to the phone option, and also on my invoice it shows a wifi calling line on my monthly services (that shows $0 as it is a free service). Could you please help me setting up the IMS so I have these services turn on on my new device? I have been a loyal customer for over 16 years.

3 REPLIES 3

LVC100

Sad to know about this. I am very upset and I am thinking to switched to a new provider. I really want to have on my device the Wifi Calling and VoLte features as per my interpretation (and from many Fido clients) that BYOD plans will give you these features. Seems like this is just true for Iphone, but not for Android (at least from Samsung devices as recently I have).

I have read many complaints from other customers for this as well and the responses have been the same since several years and Fido has done nothing to change this situation, sad to know. 

Have been a loyal customer for over 15 years and will think about moving to another provider.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @LVC100,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately because your phone was not purchased directly from Fido features like VoLTE and WiFi calling will not work.

Those features are provisioned based on the IMEI number in Fido's database and because you did not buy your phone directly from Fido your IMEI number will not be in their database. 

MattinToronto
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Not always. I had the same issue with a phone I had bought directly from Fido. Also it would be trivial to setup IMEI registration so even IF accurate it doesn't hold water.