cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went over my data, how much do i pay?

maielmo
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

i am on the 65$ fido plan i went over my data by 127 MB how much will that cost and also it shows on my mobile data count that iam only at 7.8 GB and i have a 9GB plan yet on my fido account it shows that i am at 9.12 G so which one do i go with ? 

6 REPLIES 6

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

i believe Fido/Rogers should use an soft cap like Chatr or Freedom mobile,

so you do not have to worry about the overages.

i.e. 6 GB / month useage, if you go over the 6Gb, then you use the data at an slower rate (let say 3G speed instead of 4G LTE)

Hello @patrickchan!

We find that our customers prefer to have full-speed LTE along with the option to purchase data top-ups when they get close to their data limit. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

@FidoFrancois how does Fido come up with these findings?

Hey @KAPABLE-K,

At this time we block only at the $50 cap, this allows our customers to have access to data at all times when they may need it, even if they are nearing their limit.

To save data you can: 

• Use Wi-Fi to download, stream, and update your phone 
  • Close apps when not in use 
  • Turn off location services 
  • Limit your use of tethering or a hotspot 
  • Download media and video files and apps on your computer, then sync them to your phone through iTunes (Apple devices) or a data cord.

Our business decisions are taken based on the analysis of lots of information. One of them is the customer's feedback! We're more than happy to hear about what we do great, but we also need to hear what we can do better. Smiley

Thanks a ton for sharing your opinion with us!

@patrickchan they can easily do that also but they rather gouge us as much as possible, CRTC passed a ruling capping the dollar amount on overage they are allowed to charged before they stop it. The big carriers would rather take advantage of that to help them profit more.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey  @maielmo

Welcome to the Community! 

The overage rate varies depending on your plan, I'll send you a PM so we can find out what it is!

As for the usage that you see, always go with what's on My Account as your device does not calculate data the same way that we do! Also, keep in mind that the usage on the App could be delayed for up to 12 hours!

Talk to you soon Smiley