cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had to find what was wrong myself

civilization
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

i was treated like a dog . a liar  and you name.  After hours of telling them my usage of data.  I relaxed and i found myself without any help from Fido what is the problem leading to % gb of overbilling   and that s a lot of trouble.

many went to the same problem than me.  and Even one posted the very similar graphic i found on my tablet.

Skyrocketing of usage    I post this link  go read it.  

$ 50   dollars fido wanted from me and they did cut my tablet.   It was not me ,  here is the link                                      file:///C:/Users/jediplus/Pictures/Background%20data%20usage%20of%20Chrome%20on%20my%20Mobile%20incr...

Fido treated me like a liar. I told them that they were talking to me like i am a dog and anything  i said was like talking to the gestapo or mafia trying steal $50  from me.   

All that because of something that happens to other.     The graph in the link is so like the one i found in my fido tablet  A Samsung tablet and for me too   All  my sudden use was caused thru google chrome.

I repeated that i used fido tablet for 3 years   in the same way  and that no way  My data usage would go up 5 gigs in 12 days.   When i never changed my habits  and never had a problem with data usage.

It s like i went thru hell on earth. 

Very disapointed with Fido on this matter 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Civilization,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've experienced that unexpected usage. However, I'm not sure how any of what you note is due to Fido.

While the link you posted doesn't appear to work, I think I was able to find the link here. Is that the correct link? I understand you might not have knowingly used the data, however, your device with Chrome installed did. No internet provider can discern whether the data used was intentional or due to background usage. It would all be considered usage so they were telling you the truth that the data was in fact used. It would be the same with any provider.

In addition, you seem upset that you had to search for what was wrong on your own. Fido provides the service. They may be able to offer assistance with some matters, but they can't be expected to know how people use their devices. All they can know is how much data is used. It is the customers' responsibility to monitor their own and their devices' usage. Sometimes, that includes having to search for your own answers. This community is a great source of information. However, there are times when we have to search elsewhere.

While people can't seem to live without their smartphones, that smartness can come at a cost. Having all that information at your fingertips means that many apps use background data to keep updated. If you haven't already, you might consider going through your apps disabling background data on those apps which you do not require frequent updating. On my device, only a select few apps have access to background data.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers