cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting scammed

drferas
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had an account with fido 2 years ago. I cancelled this account and moved to a different provider and got a device with them. I always used my credit card as a Pre-authorized payment method so I never worry about any late payments for my phone bill. but even though before I swich to a different provider I paid fido a visit and asked them to check if I have anything on my file and clearly stated that I am switching to a different provider. spicifically to get the new iphone back then. now than I got the iphone all paid for. I wanted to switch back to fido. SO I went to the store and looked at the plans and switch my phone number back to fido. I also switched my home internet to them. two days ago I get a call from a collection company stating that I have an outstanding balance of 125$ on file but they dont know or have no information its related to which number. I called fido to check the matter and the agent states that yes indeed I have an outstanding balance of 87$!!!! So different amount. I told the agent about the collection company story and I stated that I was never contacted by fido by phone nor email about any remaining balances. and I asked her to send me an email with the details of that balance. the account number and the number associated with that account and she did. I opened the email to see a number that I never saw before, never used never heard of even!!! I regret switching back to this company honestly. I maintain perfect credit history and never missed a payment on any account. credit cards, phone bills, non!! and now because of something stupid like this I could possibly get a hit on my credit score. I am worries actually!! And I am ready to do everything possible to prevent this from happening.  The agent from the credit department said that if I want to dispute the charges and ask for an invastigation that I need to speak to a different department. she transfered me and I waited for 20 mins on the phone and then got disconnected. She showed no empathy or remorse to the situation. I even tried to give her the collection agency information so that she can contact them and know the bottom of this but she showed no interest in that !! I dont know what to say. This honestly is the worste customer experience I have ever had with a phone company so far since I moved to this country. I need this to be looked at and be delt with and I am definetly going to shop around tomorrow and switch to a different company. This is truly ridiculous!!

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @drferas

Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience when contacting us.

You've mentioned that you don't recognize the account number and phone number shared by our agent. Was any other information provided to clarify the situation?

I understand that you also spoke with an agent from the credit operations team and did not get the chance to have you account reviewed. You can reach out to us at these channels instead to get started and have this looked into. That said, I'll be sending you a PM here this time. Talk to you soon!