I am abroad due to COVID-19 and can not use my phone.What can I do?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am abroad due to COVID-19 and can not use my phone.What can I do?

Hello,

I am abroad and beacause of the COVID-19 I can not return/predict when I will be returning to Canada. It is impossible for me to contact the Fido services to put my account on hold, since I am not using it. I wanted to ask what could I do to put my account on hold or suspense it. Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: I am abroad due to COVID-19 and can not use my phone.What can I do?

Hi @Tardahan,

It is possible to temporarily suspend your line and the cost is $7/month, you will need to contact customer support to have it done. You can reach them even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here.

A few things to note in order to qualify.

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  4. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Re: I am abroad due to COVID-19 and can not use my phone.What can I do?

Hi @Tardahan,

It is possible to temporarily suspend your line and the cost is $7/month, you will need to contact customer support to have it done. You can reach them even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here.

A few things to note in order to qualify.

1. You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
  2. The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
  3. You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.
  4. If you are on the Fido Payment Program you will continue to pay your monthly funding amount during the suspension.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2