cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Pay-Per-Use Data?

Fieldwing
I'm a participant level 3

I just changed my plan from $25 to $35 because I couldn't use data pass anymore.

I used to purchase data pass when I needed data, but apparently it is commissioned and I am really disappointed.

So I changed the $35 plan with Pay Per Use data (no data from the plan), so I thought I only pay data as I use, but still I can't access any data. I looked up about new plan cycle, and it says it starts immediately. 

I don't know how to use pay per use data and I am starting to wonder is the plan even allow to use data?

Please let me know how to use data on the $35 plan Talk & Text - BYOP plan.

If even I can't use the data on that plan, I would like to change back to $25 plan and want to know how to do that too. What's the point to pay extra $10 per month if I can have only same service.

9 REPLIES 9

FidoFaiza

Hi @Fieldwing

Data passes have indeed been discontinued and it's not possible to use ppu data with monthly plans. If you are looking to have data in your plan, you will need to change to a plan that comes with data. 

You can view our current plans here and make the change online. You can also contact customer service or if you want, we can send you a PM.

Thanks. 

Fieldwing

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

But I am not trying to use data pass.

I just need to know whay pay per use data is and how to use it (with details)

Thank you.

We don't offer pay-per-use data pass, @Fieldwing. In order to use data, you must be on a plan that has data included in it.

Fieldwing

So you mean, there is no way to use data on the bring your own phone's $35 plan, is that right?

even if it says PAY PER USE DATA as the screenshot below?

I'm so confused now. To be clear, I am not trying to use DATA PASS, I am trying to use PAY PER USE DATA.

I think they are two different things.

Untitled.png

I just got some clarification on this, @Fieldwing. You can use the pay-per-use data once we enable the option on your account. 

My apologies for the misinformation earlier.

Let me send you a PM. 

Fieldwing

Hi I just heard from a Fido customer service person that the PAY PER USE DATA doesn't exist anymore, is it correct? or did he just lie to me to make me change my plan? I changed my plan just because he said there is no more PAY PER USE DATA.

Hey @Fieldwing,

It's our goal to always be transparent with our customers and I'm really sorry to learn that the option wasn't mentioned. The PPU rates for data in Canada are

• 5¢ per KB up to 500 KB
  • 1¢ per KB over 500 KB

Keep in mind though that getting a plan that already comes with data could actually be a lot less expensive than accessing the service at pay per use rates and it might help you save at the end of the day.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know.

randyj18
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So 1GB of data would cost a user $10,020?

Hello @randyj18,

Welcome to the community!

To update this thread, pay-per-use data is no longer an option available to plans that don't have data included.

Besides, it isn't recommended since our plans come with a vast option of data buckets and data overage protection to avoid having shocking bills at the end of the month.