cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a plan offered by Winback team?

Choconeco
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I moved to Shaw a week ago. Winback team called me last Tuseday and I accepted their offer. I was told to call 611 as soon as I got my new sim card with a temporary number to port my 604 number back to Fido. 

However, when I called 611, the customer service rep tried to transfer my number back for several times but he failed. He said he couldn't complete it because it said my 604 number was still under Fido. It was ridiculous because my Shaw sim card worked fine with my 604 number. 

So I asked him to cancel my account with Fido because there was no point coming back to Fido if he couldn't port back my number. But he said he was not able to cancel it because my plan was offered by Winback.

He said Winback team would contact me within 48 hours but who knows? What if they won't call me? Should I call the customer service again?? I just want to get rid of my new Fido account with the temporary number. If the customer service cannot help me cancel my account, then who can do it? Winback team doesn't even have a contact number. 

Does anyone have the same experience?

Please help. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Choconeco,

Welcome to the community!

@Choconeco wrote:...However, when I called 611, the customer service rep tried to transfer my number back for several times but he failed. He said he couldn't complete it because it said my 604 number was still under Fido. It was ridiculous because my Shaw sim card worked fine with my 604 number...

I think there might be limitations as to the number of times one can port their phone number within a certain period. I think the measure is to protect customers by preventing fraudulent number porting, account changes and purchases. That could be the reason why you were unable to port back to Fido. There may be options to reverse a port within a certain time period, though I'm not positive if that's the case. If there is a way to reverse a port, the process might be different from a regular port-in request.

I'm not sure why customer service wouldn't be able to cancel your services if the plan was offered by tthe Winback department. You might consider re-contacting customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers