Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Reduce Data Overage Limits

Mdesouza
I'm a participant level 1

Hi 

I would like to know how to reduce my data overage limit from $50 to $0. I recently went over my data limit. I had no idea I was over the limit and was charged $ 50  before my usage stopped. I do understand that it is the customer's job to monitor their own usage but Fido should not even give you the option to incur extra data charges before you approve them. As far as I am concerned this is a ploy used to get additional funds out of unsuspecting customers. It is really sad that such business practices are in place in the company. Especially when I did not get any warning SMS that I was at my data limit.

2 REPLIES 2

foxdenfarm

A fido account holder should be able to limit the data to 0% overage.  Why is this not possible?

FidoKenny

Hello @Mdesouza and welcome to the Community.

I took the time to read what you said and all this is definitely not the experience that we want for our customers. We do appreciate your feedback, your opinion important for us.

To answer your question, there is no way to reduce your data overage limit from $50 to $0.

We do give you tools so you can have access to your data usage at all time. This can be checked from your Fido App or from your online account on Fido.ca

Also, before your reach this $50 charge, you receive 2 different notification:

- You receive a notification when 90% for your data bucket is used

- You receive another notification when 100% of your data bucket is used.

If you need any assistance with your account, you can reach us through our channels here.