cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view the phone which is currently active on a Fido line?

chris106
I'm a participant level 2

I am making an insurance claim for a broken Pixel 7 and the insurance company has asked me to provide:

- Verification device is active with a Canadian wireless service provider

I called them up and they expect a screenshot or statement from the Fido website which shows the name/IMEI of the device and the phone number it is active on.

I've had a look on my Fido account and can't see any information about the active device anywhere. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3

Let me provide you a direct response. There is currently no mechanism account holders can access that shows which device belongs to what plan in situations of BYOB. However, you can contact Fido (by telephone) ask to have a supervisor reach out to you (assuming there isn't one available at the time  — likely) and have them access your account and verify your IMEI linked to your phone number. 

The next part becomes tricky. Having them send you something in writing that IMEI 123 45697 890zz1 is active on your profile. 

You may need to take several screenshots in the Settings, About section that show your IMEI, assigned phone number, and Carrier. 

Failing that, you can explain to the credit card insurance adjuster that the carrier cannot provide you documentation of IMEI currently assigned to your plan due to privacy reasons (you know that's what they're going to probably say). 

In essence, you may need to further escalate this issue to the Fido Office of the President because depending on how charitable the supervisor will be, they likely won't want to script a customized letter for you to your insurance company.

Hi @chris106 , if you sigh in to the app, you can view your plan, device and usage by selecting the individual tabs. If you sign in to fido.ca, you can see the same information. Device will show you the device make and model and how much time left on financing if you indeed finance it. 

chris106

Thanks, I definitely don't see the device make and model but maybe that's because I'm on BYOP plan rather than financing?

Hi @chris106,

What insurance company are you using? Is this from Fido's Premium Device Protection? 

chris106

It's the insurance company through my credit card. I'm not sure why they're asking for it, doesn't make any sense to me why they'd need it

If the phone was ordered though us, you can send the confirmation e-mail you received when the phone was ordered. Otherwise, if it is a BYOP, we usually don't have your phone's information. You can maybe look up directly with Google to show the phone belongs to you.

Confusedhere

Only someone at Fido can verify the IMEI and mobile number are linked. A screeshot at a Fido store probably would suffice.