cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I migrate from postpaid to prepaid plan?

Khushibts
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I wish to migrate from my postpaid plan to prepaid plan. I need guidance on the below queries. Appreciated.

1. What are the steps to migrate? Whom and where to contact?

2. Is there any charge associated for the migration, if so how much? Is it one time charge ? 

3. While migration, can I keep the same number in my prepaid plan?

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Khushibts my apologies @Cawtau is correct I read it wrong, I thought I read you wanted to go from pre-paid to post-paid.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Khushibts,

Welcome to the community!

As Kapable-K noted below, in order to migrate your services, you would need to contact customer service. I don't think you would require a credit check, though, as pre-paid accounts generally do not need them. However, people wishing to migrate from pre-paid to post-paid accounts would require the credit check.

As far as I am aware, the fee to migrate plan types is $10 plus tax (see here). I understand that link notes being able to do so within the community. However, the situation has now changed since that post. These forums are community-driven and no longer intended as a venue for customer services. There would also be a migration fee to switch back from pre-paid to post-paid should you wish to do so at some point.

It should also be noted that Fido no longer has a By the Minute or By the Day pre-paid offering. Their current offerings are Monthly, Semi-Annually, or Annually (see here). You can find additional information regarding pre-paid service here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Khushibts

Thanks @Cawtau. The info was really helpful. I will reach out to customer service for further assistance.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Khushibts,

Welcome to the community!

I wish to migrate from my postpaid plan to prepaid plan. I need guidance on the below queries. Appreciated.

1. What are the steps to migrate? Whom and where to contact?

You will need to complete a credit evaluation check to see if you qualify to get a post-paid account, you can either contact customer service directly or visit a Fido store.

2. Is there any charge associated for the migration, if so how much? Is it one time charge ? 

There might be a one-time $60 setup fee but depending on where you do it and the current promotions that fee can be waived.

3. While migration, can I keep the same number in my prepaid plan?

Yes, you can definitely keep your number.