cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous Customer Service

Menon01
I'm a participant level 2

Trying to add a third line to my account and get a (BYOD) plan and talk to a rep in “Retentions” of all places and get overspoken, practically insulted and pretty much tells me to hang up the call. I request to speak to another agent as it seems I’m not understanding and don’t even need to be in the retention department but will not allow that either. He continues to say “what are you going to do you can pull this line from us anyways” what!?! I am done with Fido definitely not adding my new line and pulling my other BYOD line. Will also be taking my first line off from them after the contract runs out. 

4 REPLIES 4

Menon01

Just to add: the first person I spoke to was very kind and well mannered it was the person in retentions that I had been transferee too that has been so abrasive in nature and down putting. 

Hey Menon01!

Thanks for posting!

I'm sad to see that your recent experience with us went this way. This is not how we intend for any of our customers to be treated.

We pride ourselve on being able to offer excellent customer service and I assure you that we take this type of situation very seriously.

Let's take a closer look at this in PM. Sending you one soon. Keep an eye out! 

Menon01

A more clear description of what has happened in my case.. I don't think this should be put up with from any other Fido customers too.

I made my call today (Monday January 28th, 2019) at 12:30PM and the first gentlemen I spoke to was of great help and very kind. He passed me onto the 'Retentions' department where I was talking to someone with the most abbrasive and unacceptable attitude for anyone in a customer support position. I am completely frustrated with how I've been treated today. I have disconnected my phone line from Fido directly due to this gentlemen and i hope the call I made was recorded so you could see the horrendus attitude displayed by the gentlemen. I hope you can train this individual to not interrupt/cut people customers off while speaking, use terms like "this is the last time ill explain this" which sounds like hes frustrated and agressive and finally says things like "You can't go anywhere..." or something of that nature. He has also made a mistake as he has lied about my contractual agreement with Fido as I was able to remove that line shortly after on the BYOD plan. I don't believe Fido is a bad company but people like this give your company a horrible reputation and has really blackened the waters with my emotions to this company as I've been a member for longer then 6-7 years...my last device is on contract for another year but don't have much interest in being treated like this ever again.

Hey @Menon01

This is definitely not the kind of thing we want happening to any of our customers!

I just replied to your PM so we can take a closer look into this with you.