cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW THEY TRICK WHEN WE WANT TO CANCEL

ScottyGovan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a fido Home Phone- we only receive Duct cleaning, telemarketeers calls over the last years

We kept phone line as a back up but decided to cancel

Nov 1st, 2020- called and spoke to an agent

She advised us that she can isntead give us a 50% discount- so 9.00 monthly for the home phone package- we thought that was a great deal and said ok

She gave us a confirmation number. Yesterday Fido emails me my bill which is the original amt of $20.34! We call them today -of cos thats a waiting game so did a live chat- and the agent has the gall to say that the previous agent we spoke to on NOv 1st- Get this- forgot to enter it into the system! This is an old trick that consumers have been subjected to by this unscrupulous companies, We had thought the confirmation number would authenticate  Fido;s commitment to their customers. NOPE !

Today the agent says OOPS!- sorry but We did NOT cancel on Nov 1st so you still have to pay us till Dec 13th .I am furious!!

SO if speaking to an agent is not validated by the company what is our other recourse???

ABSOLUTELY shameless on your part, FIDO !

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @ScottyGovan! Philippe here. I hope you're feeling well. Smiley

I'm saddened to read about your experience. That's certainly not the way this was supposed to work for you!

I suggest you contact us again here to escalate the matter, so we can find a resolution for you. Alternatively, I can send you a PM from the community to check that out with you directly.

Just let us know!