cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel - VoLTE

juju86
I'm a participant level 3

Hello!  I was wondering if Fido has an ETA on allowing VoLTE for the Pixel/Pixel XL on its network?  Google pushed an update in early December enabling VoLTE support, however Fido seems to be lagging with enabling the service for a few devices, including the Pixel/Pixel XL.  Any chance Fido will throw us a bone?

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

51 REPLIES 51

@nimadude Which phone are you using. You need a compatible Fido phone to benefit from voLTE

nimadude
Google Pixel!

@nimadude At this moment the VoLTE is not out for Google Pixel phones.

nimadude
Oh okay. How come in all the previous posts in this thread the pixel owners had their issue resolved by private message?

@nimadude wrote:
Oh okay. How come in all the previous posts in this thread the pixel owners had their issue resolved by private message?

Hello Nimadude,

Welcome to the community!

Most often, things are discussed in private message when access to the community member's account is required. It does not necessarily mean that a solution was provided.

With regards to voLTE for the Pixel, it has not yet been enabled for those devices. The upcoming update (scheduled for May 1st) for the Pixels is to include the enablement of voLTE (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

VoLTE was enabled with the April update, the May 1st update is just a regular monthly security update.

nimadude

I bought my Pixel direct from Google - do I still get access to Fido VoLTE when it is available? I have the option to enable in it settings since 7.1.2 came out but it gets grayed out during calls, presumably because it is still disabled on Fido's end.

@nimadude the other person you are calling needs to have a VoLTE compatible phone and the feature enabled for it to work.

nimadude

Okay, but when I dial *#*#4636#*#* and check IMS service status (from menu top right), it says "Voice over LTE: unavailable". Do you get the same message?

We only gave them more information on how VoLTE works. You can view more information about this feature here.