cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new sim card

ohenry
I'm a participant level 2

I currently have a fido mini sim that is cut down to nano sim to fit in my old phone. My new phone needs a micro sim. Do I need to pay $10 for a new sim card or will fido provide me a mico sim free of charge?

Also, will I be able to keep the same number on the new sim card?

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Yes, you'll still need to pay $10 for the new SIM. On the bright side, the new SIMs are "multi-size" - from the standard, you can pop up a micro, and from there you can pop up the nano. You can put them back together if you need to get back to a bigger size. So it could be the last SIM you purchase! Smiley

Phone number: yes, you keep the same phone number. You can call 611 to activate the new SIM (they should ask you on which line this new SIM goes, if you have more than one), or you can do it online from the "My Account" section - there's a link to Update your SIM card. The change is immediate and irreversible.

ohenry

Thank you for the reply. Do you know if I can update the sim card in store? The link you provided says it is only available for customers on a monthly plan. (I am on a yearly prepaid)

Hey ohenry!

Of course! Smiley A representative in store can help you update your SIM card when you pick it up.

Hope this helps! 

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Oh and if you have FidoDollars, you can use them to purchase your SIM.

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

@zyx wrote:

Oh and if you have FidoDollars, you can use them to purchase your SIM.

BTW, this offer is only available at call center, if you go to a store, then you cannot buy the sim with your fidodollar.