cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Questions: Refunds

User3512
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

I was informed by a CSR that in the past Fido did not process refunds if the amount was less than $5 but he was not able to confirm if this is still the case although he tried really hard (over 20 minutes on hold).

The only reference to Refunds in Fido’s Term and Conditions is in regards to customers in Newfoundland:

33. Applicable only to Residents of Newfoundland:
- if your account has a credit balance over $10 on your final invoice, then we will refund that balance to you within 60 days of the date of that invoice. Discretionary credits will not be refunded.

Could someone, preferable a Fido representative, clearly state what is Fido’s policy regarding refunds for customers other than those in Newfoundland? And if there is a threshold, $5 or any other amount, why isn’t that information part of Fido’s Terms and Conditions?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi User3512!

When a negative balance is less than $10, we encourage our customers to have the funds transferred to another account (if they have one). If this is not possible, we can place a request to have the balance refunded.

All balances can be refunded (provided that they do not result from discretionary credits). The only difference is that if the balance is less than $10, the refund will not be done automatically.

I hope this helps! Smiley