cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📢 **Frustrating Experience with Fido: Time-Wasting Customer Service! 😡**

mukh1994
I'm a participant level 3

I've been a loyal Fido customer for the past 3.5 years, but my recent experience has left me extremely disappointed and frustrated. It's astonishing how a company can let down its customers in such a manner.

My journey began when I noticed that Fido's competitors were offering a much better deal than what I was currently paying. They were providing 20GB of data for just 39 CAD, while I was shelling out 50+ CAD for a mere 10GB of data. Eager to take advantage of a better deal, I decided to give Fido's customer service a call.

To my dismay, the customer service representative not only delivered the news rudely but also informed me that this amazing offer was exclusively for new customers. Feeling that this was unfair treatment for loyal customers like myself, I decided it was time for a change. I chose to switch from Fido to Eastlink, enticed by their more reasonable pricing.

However, just as I thought I was making a clean break, Fido's "win back" department contacted me with an offer that seemed almost too good to be true: 20GB of data for a mere 30 CAD. Tempted by the offer, I agreed and was assured by the agent that this deal was locked in. The only problem? I never received any official confirmation of this arrangement.

This lack of communication sparked a series of frustrating events. The win-back department reached out to me again with the same offer, and I, hoping to solidify the deal, accepted once more. But, much like before, I found myself without any confirmation or follow-up. My attempts to clarify the situation with Fido's customer service went in vain.

I was repeatedly assured that the processed offer was visible on their end, yet only the win-back department had the authority to confirm it. So, with a mixture of patience and persistence, I scheduled callbacks and waited. And waited. And waited. To my utter disappointment, no one from the win back department bothered to contact me as promised.

Adding insult to injury, Fido's customer service not only wasted hours of my time but also continued to show an active account under my name despite my efforts to cancel any services. The blatant lack of care and responsiveness is both baffling and infuriating.

As a last resort, I am left with no choice but to register a complaint with CCTS (Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services). It's disheartening that it has come to this point, where a loyal customer must escalate the matter just to be heard.

Fido's disregard for my time and loyalty has been truly disappointing. The ordeal has not only soured my perception of their services but has also pushed me towards severing any remaining ties with the company. I hope that by sharing my experience, others can be spared the frustration and time wastage that I have endured. It's high time that companies prioritize their existing customers and treat them with the respect they deserve.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNajat

Hey @mukh1994 ! We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service and Winback team. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you. You may also send us a private message via Facebook or X and we will be happy to escalate the mater to the appropriate team. 

mukh1994

@FidoNajat I already tried to contact Fido via the appropriate channel and already talked to five different representatives in different departments who keep transferring my call to other departments. They kept wasting time without any solution.

Hey @mukh1994 we remain available in PM whenever you get a chance.