cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Play by Fido

Akshay3
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I need to know why my bill is 151, in summary it was shown as it was due to a Long distance call on Feb 26, and for that I already paid a bill of 147 Cad on March 20. Even the long distance call was an accidental callback from my pocket to a spam number. I do suspect Fido regarding this since I don't get spam calls every day, but in somedays it's at least 15 spam call, I think its a play by Fido to cheat customers. Even yesterday I got multiple calls from spam numbers and I really expected a bill from Fido since I normally get bills after receiving spam call. It not even happens with me, but my friends as well. We regret taking connection with your network as we all take connections during the end of last December.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Akshay3,

Welcome to the community!

I think everyone is rather fed up about getting SPAM and SCAM calls from spoofed numbers. Unfortunately, there currently isn't much that any of the mobile providers can do to prevent them. Since the spammers/scammers use spoofed numbers, it is not possible to identify the true spammers' number. However, the mobile providers are implementing Universal Call Blocking which is meant to block calls from malformed phone numbers. That said, I'm doubtful whether it will have much of an effect on the amount of SPAM or SCAM calls since many of them appear to have properly formed phone numbers.

In addition, a new technology, STIR/SHAKEN (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited/Signature-based Handling of Asserted Information Using Tokens) is being adopted to further reduce the amount of nuisance calls (see here).

It's unfortunate that you accidentally called-back one of those numbers. However, if your phone did inadvertently make the call, it would be a long-distance call.

If you would like to discuss the details of your bill, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers