Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

2-frustrated
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

February 19 ,2021

I am serious thinking of cancelling my Fido account after my daughters fido account was hacked within the past 2 weeks. She called Fido and was on the phone for over an hour and they said they couldn't do anything about it and they filed a fraud report, She can't even get into her account because the user name and password was changed. User name used to change her  account is now different. The person who she was talking to last night didn't know how to delete the user name and pass word from her account or wouldn't even cancel this account and give a new account number. This matter was not resolved and told her to call back and hung up on her. I am worried since her account was hacked how many other accounts are being hacked and hire people who knows how to do there job and not to say I don't know how to do it or I can't offer you a new account. She did report this to the RCMP and the police. Her identy is now out there for who ever wants to use her name to get credit cards ect., all thanks to Fido for not having a secure company. She also had to cancel her credit card. If this situation isn't resolved today when she calls back we are both going to cancel our service through Fido and go somewhere else. This info has also been shared with friends and family. Its a shame when she is in her early 20's and this had to happen to her and possibly will have problems with her identity when securing loans or getting credit cards in the future.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaira

Hey @2-frustrated

I am very sorry to learn that your daughter's account was frauded. Being a victim of identity theft myself, I totally understand your concerns about this as it is not an ideal experience to have. Unfortunately, fraud is very much a reality and it can happen with anyone. It is good to know that she's already taken steps in the right direction. I would also advise that she visits Canadian Anti-Fraud centre too to learn more about how she can protect herself against such activities in the future.

Having said that, I do want to assure you that we have a team in place that will investigate everything on her account and put everything back to what it used to be. We do not penalize customers for fraudulent activities. The fraud department will get in touch with your daughter within a couple of business days to evaluate the situation and advise her of the steps taken by them.

In case she has any account related concerns, you can also have her contact us through these channels and we'd be happy o review everything with her.